Junior Backend Rails Developer
Car buying is reorganizing from around the dealership to around the smartphone, and ThirtySixteen is building tools to streamline the auto loan approval process for both consumers and dealer.
We are looking for a junior-level Rails developer who is comfortable working independently to build full-stack features with Ruby on Rails to help us make our products better. We’re looking for someone with an eye for usability and cares what the end-user experience is like.
ThirtySixteen is located in Dallas, Texas, and we are open to local or remote candidates who are legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Ruby on Rails 6
- Heroku and AWS
- Work directly on new user-facing features
- Help improve our test coverage
- Provide input and execute design changes for improve usability
- Triage bug reports and submit PRs that fix them
- Pull and process data from third-party services to enhance the data we store
- 2+ years of experience working with Ruby on Rails
- Ability to write clean elegant code that gets the job done, without getting fixated on perfection
- Good understanding of front-end technologies including HTML5 and CSS3
- Experience with PostgreSQL and Redis
Nice to haves
- Experience with Heroku, AWS or other IaaS and PaaS
- Understanding of modern deployment pipelines (CI/CD)
ThirtySixteen offers a great work-life balance and a competitive compensation package which includes
health/dental/vision, employee life insurance, matching 401k, a casual office, great PTO, and a flexible (mostly remote) work schedule.